Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Turn it Around

I now have a tangible form for my sanity. And she is good.She sounds great, and I've had nothing but fun since I got home. I did have to go out for food of course, but that was a minor blip in what has become a fantastic day.

Of course, like most days, it has to start off poorly. It's been raining all day long, and I've had to wear jeans and a jumper. You'd think it was cold or something. But things got progressively better, what with a short stroll through the Planten um Bloomen being more serene than I can describe. There's nothing like the soft sound of rain in garden, more so when it's just you and the trees. It's a feeling I can't accurately vocalise, one of being alone but accompanied by the rhythm of the rain and the beat of the trees. You can almost innately feel the pulse and rise of the stream, yet it's pregnant banks don't cause concern. Can you tell I like the rain?

Of course, the downside was trying to have lunch with Professor Hilf. He disappeared for the day so that highlight was gone. Nonetheless I trudged onto my destination - the music shop. Which held numerous guitars at various prices, and only one sales person who could adequately help me in English. Don't get me wrong, I tried German, and thought I managed to make my points, but I don't think the salesguy wanted to handle the foreigner. I'd like to think I can stand the heat of asking for what I want in a store - I did it in the phone shop no sweat when asking for another prepay card, but I do understand the desire to flog a customer off when you can't be bothered with the broken language barrier.

But I emerged victorious, guitar and its hard case in hand. Since I got home, I've done nothing but play. My fingers are kinda raw, and sore now as I type this. The things I go through for you guys. I've managed to dust off the old tricks I know, and I've picked up a few in the short time today.

In trying to come to grips with some of the songs, I realised that my music library on this laptop is actually incomplete. I'm missing, from count so far, such gems as my entire Queens of the Stone Age collection, and most importantly: both Fly My Pretties albums. I might have to get my parents to send me FMP by my gmail account. God knows how I missed something that vital in this transfer.

So, without further ado, I will do some German homework, cook a little and regain some more sanity.

But before I go, I got the results of my psychometric testing back. It was one hell of an ego boost. I might post it up later for further discussion.

No comments: