There's something to be said for days full of randomness. Today really feels like I've done nothing on my own volition. I do apologise for the clear lack of photos today, I forgot my camera. Plus, I think you've seen enough sunshine for your winter rations.
It all started with a smoke alarm. A loud smoke alarm. Which caused me to sprint from my bed in a not so clothed state to the front door where it resides, leaving the shattered sleep I had stolen from my alarm. At first I was worried that there was actually smoke some where, then I quickly cottoned onto the warm idea of clothes. And decency. It proved to be a blessing in disguise I figured being up, and by now showered, I should check my emails. There sitting in it was another part of the psychometric testing process for RMcV. So I started on what I originally considered to be a short test.
My late arrival to class would suggest otherwise. I did have time between rushing to the subway to notice the fantastic brown suit a fellow infront of me was wearing, and the pink shirt he was wearing with the brown and pink tie. It looked amazing. Then all I could see was how fat it made his ass look, and that's all I could see from then on in. A great suit spoiled by a fat ass. It's only a bit gay.
Scroll through to the end of my German class to having decide what to do for the day, and not having much to go on I followed my feet. They seemed to know where they were going. It's an interesting feeling simply walking without thinking, it's much like going with the flow of the river. Obviously you're walking and not swimming, that's what metaphors do, they emote.
Anyway. Walking. Not thinking. Simply going where my feet decide, and low and behold I end up in the main shopping area. Now I know those of you who've followed progress so far will be most likely thinking that I found a guitar. You'd be wrong. I did manage, however, to locate swissballs. They're only €15. What a steal. Pity I have to find a pump. I didn't think that through very well. Good thing I didn't actually buy the swiss ball then. I'm going to locate a pump that has the necessary attachments-needle-do-whacky, or simply the whacky, then purchase my ball. Plus it gives me time to think about whether I really need one, I'm coping without and the exposure to sports I'll be getting shortly might suffice. It's a wait and see game.
Carrying on with the theme of "I'll be damned if I know where I'm going", I found myself back in the Botannical gardens heading home. That is until my feet decided it would be a good idea to sit down in the middle of a grassy patch. So I did. I then felt like reading, so I read. Then sleep seemed like a good idea. It was. My percpetion of time fails me, but my sunkist skin and radiant warmth tells me it was for a short while. Good thing Europeans have an ozone layer. My then recovered sense of flow pulled me back home where I proceeded to gorge myself on the remaining fine cheeses residing in my fridge. They were creamy goodness solidified.
Hopefully there's those of you who read the news, and keep up with international events. If you did, you'd have noted that I might very well be screwed over royally. What's this about? Terrorists and the wuss that is United Kingdom and United States Airlines. Excess baggage here I come. That is unless they remove such limitations by the end of the year. Now, I'm not suggesting that security responses to threats are a bad thing. There's a difference between precaution and overzealous measures. I can only hope that some common sense prevails and Airlines increase baggage allowance to accomodate for this.
So to end this little ramble, I leave you with these inspiring thoughts:
It all started with a smoke alarm. A loud smoke alarm. Which caused me to sprint from my bed in a not so clothed state to the front door where it resides, leaving the shattered sleep I had stolen from my alarm. At first I was worried that there was actually smoke some where, then I quickly cottoned onto the warm idea of clothes. And decency. It proved to be a blessing in disguise I figured being up, and by now showered, I should check my emails. There sitting in it was another part of the psychometric testing process for RMcV. So I started on what I originally considered to be a short test.
My late arrival to class would suggest otherwise. I did have time between rushing to the subway to notice the fantastic brown suit a fellow infront of me was wearing, and the pink shirt he was wearing with the brown and pink tie. It looked amazing. Then all I could see was how fat it made his ass look, and that's all I could see from then on in. A great suit spoiled by a fat ass. It's only a bit gay.
Scroll through to the end of my German class to having decide what to do for the day, and not having much to go on I followed my feet. They seemed to know where they were going. It's an interesting feeling simply walking without thinking, it's much like going with the flow of the river. Obviously you're walking and not swimming, that's what metaphors do, they emote.
Anyway. Walking. Not thinking. Simply going where my feet decide, and low and behold I end up in the main shopping area. Now I know those of you who've followed progress so far will be most likely thinking that I found a guitar. You'd be wrong. I did manage, however, to locate swissballs. They're only €15. What a steal. Pity I have to find a pump. I didn't think that through very well. Good thing I didn't actually buy the swiss ball then. I'm going to locate a pump that has the necessary attachments-needle-do-whacky, or simply the whacky, then purchase my ball. Plus it gives me time to think about whether I really need one, I'm coping without and the exposure to sports I'll be getting shortly might suffice. It's a wait and see game.
Carrying on with the theme of "I'll be damned if I know where I'm going", I found myself back in the Botannical gardens heading home. That is until my feet decided it would be a good idea to sit down in the middle of a grassy patch. So I did. I then felt like reading, so I read. Then sleep seemed like a good idea. It was. My percpetion of time fails me, but my sunkist skin and radiant warmth tells me it was for a short while. Good thing Europeans have an ozone layer. My then recovered sense of flow pulled me back home where I proceeded to gorge myself on the remaining fine cheeses residing in my fridge. They were creamy goodness solidified.
Hopefully there's those of you who read the news, and keep up with international events. If you did, you'd have noted that I might very well be screwed over royally. What's this about? Terrorists and the wuss that is United Kingdom and United States Airlines. Excess baggage here I come. That is unless they remove such limitations by the end of the year. Now, I'm not suggesting that security responses to threats are a bad thing. There's a difference between precaution and overzealous measures. I can only hope that some common sense prevails and Airlines increase baggage allowance to accomodate for this.
So to end this little ramble, I leave you with these inspiring thoughts:
We need anything politically important rationed out like Pez: small, sweet, and coming out of a funny, plastic head.
-Dennis Miller
3 comments:
Before anyone gets cocky and says:
"But Michael, surely you've tried the Yellow Pages?"
I have found no evidence of such a thing, nor anything in its nature. I have decided Germans are backwards in this regard.
Well - look online under www.goyellow.de
Let me get this straight:
Not only did you look at German Man Buns, but you then judged it, and wrote about it?
If the next blog contains the word 'leather', I'm no longer related to you.
Post a Comment