Saturday, August 19, 2006

A New Friend

So Kathryn, the other VUW exchange arrived today. I met up with her after class and now I'm only just back home. It was a great time, catching up over beers, numerous beers, and a bottle of wine. There was some food consumed along the way I think. First time home since 8 am, so excuse the late blog. You'll get your dose soon enough.

Turns out she's been looking at cheap travel to anywhere while she's here. Iceland for €60 return? I'm in. The thought of steaming mineral baths in the snow is something not to be turned down. She's damn good fun and looks as though I've got a travelling partner. Anyways, just got in, needed to post before the end of the day. Things are looking awesomely good. Sweet. Kat's also a huge hockey fan, so I might have someone else with me for the Hockey World Cup, and someone who can wittle cheap prices in travel. Score.

But I'm worrying that I might have a little drinking problem. Had an entire 1 litre bottle of wine to myself last night, and Kat and I had a fair amount of alcohol consumed between us. Is this a bad thing? Hope not. It's not like I'm drinking for the sake of drinking. It is good wine and great beer after all.

So I haven't returned to IKEA yet, but tomorrow looks promising as Kat lives down the road from the Reeperbahn and she has some friends in town. So partying will be on the cards. Red light parties may be involved, or at least just walking the strip rather than stripping on the walk.

You'll excuse the short blog today, the alcohol is still in my system and I'm craving some food. It's a drag having a good time for 10 or more hours to come home. If it tweren't for the jet lag Kat's suffering, I'd say we'd be out on the town now having a good time. Oh wells, things to look forward to now I have more people here.

Thought for the day:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
- Salman Rushdie

1 comment:

PVM said...

Sounds like a needed reprieve from the boredom you've been stuck with :). Gratz on getting out and apologies for not posting sooner ;).

Oh and yes... you have a drinking problem :P