Some have raised concerns with the detailed posts I'm able to churn out for this blog, and whether this means I have far too much time on my hands.
The simple answer is yes, I do have a lot of time. This does, however, require an explanation which makes the real answer a little more complicated. We all know I can't give short answers, replies, or explanations, so really why should a blog be any different. The real answer is that I make the time. With classes starting at 8:50 am, I usually find myself up and about round 7 am and rearing to go. Classes finish at 1 pm, which leaves me oodles of time to walk all through the city and see all these sights. You'll notice the timestamp on the blogs is also marked the time at which I begin writing the post. This means that I can then save it as a draft, run off do other things, and return to the same time stamp and having done all that stuff.
The other factor is that I'm a law student, and can burn through thousands of words so quickly pens melt. That and I like the sound of my own voice, and, really, isn't this just another form of my voice? So, there's the long answer. I'm sure I can find ways to embellish it further if given more time.
Also, some stories haven't necessarily been embellished, but I've just focused on the details I remember. The thought described, or the scene set may have only been for a minute or two, but it's vivid to me, and so, worth sharing. Remember, sometimes the most powerful memories and emotions are those fleeting moments that pass you by only slowly enough to scratch the senses.
You'll understand this more fully if you're actually here with me. Over a period of two hours we can walk through and around almost everything you've seen on my blog. It just so happens that some days it remains my little secret till I want to experience again, and then I'll revisit it and focus on it some more. Like I've always said, the beauty is in the details.
As for today, well, it's been light on the number of experiences but not on their extent. My flatmate, Jana, is awesome. She's so full of life and vibrant. Her English is amazing, and she wants to work on it, so we've done a deal whereby each of us will attempt to speak in one language. This means conversations flow from German to English and back again. It's alot of fun, but it's a little draining at first.
The other strange event for the day was walking down Möckenburg Straße and all of a sudden there's around 50 fifteen year olds dressed up as Goths in a Manga kind of style. This probably sounds really weird to most people, but it was kind of funky. A huge crowd of them just waltzing down the busiest street in town. Plus, they were all wearing bells on them, like the Morris Dancers, except on bags and round wrists rather than all over. I tried not to laugh at that - they may be 15 and dressed like Japanese cartoon characters, but there's fifty of them and one of me.
Tomorrow should be excellent, the HSV Football match, catching up with Kat, and probably going to the Dom as it's the final night. Good times.
The simple answer is yes, I do have a lot of time. This does, however, require an explanation which makes the real answer a little more complicated. We all know I can't give short answers, replies, or explanations, so really why should a blog be any different. The real answer is that I make the time. With classes starting at 8:50 am, I usually find myself up and about round 7 am and rearing to go. Classes finish at 1 pm, which leaves me oodles of time to walk all through the city and see all these sights. You'll notice the timestamp on the blogs is also marked the time at which I begin writing the post. This means that I can then save it as a draft, run off do other things, and return to the same time stamp and having done all that stuff.
The other factor is that I'm a law student, and can burn through thousands of words so quickly pens melt. That and I like the sound of my own voice, and, really, isn't this just another form of my voice? So, there's the long answer. I'm sure I can find ways to embellish it further if given more time.
Also, some stories haven't necessarily been embellished, but I've just focused on the details I remember. The thought described, or the scene set may have only been for a minute or two, but it's vivid to me, and so, worth sharing. Remember, sometimes the most powerful memories and emotions are those fleeting moments that pass you by only slowly enough to scratch the senses.
You'll understand this more fully if you're actually here with me. Over a period of two hours we can walk through and around almost everything you've seen on my blog. It just so happens that some days it remains my little secret till I want to experience again, and then I'll revisit it and focus on it some more. Like I've always said, the beauty is in the details.
As for today, well, it's been light on the number of experiences but not on their extent. My flatmate, Jana, is awesome. She's so full of life and vibrant. Her English is amazing, and she wants to work on it, so we've done a deal whereby each of us will attempt to speak in one language. This means conversations flow from German to English and back again. It's alot of fun, but it's a little draining at first.
The other strange event for the day was walking down Möckenburg Straße and all of a sudden there's around 50 fifteen year olds dressed up as Goths in a Manga kind of style. This probably sounds really weird to most people, but it was kind of funky. A huge crowd of them just waltzing down the busiest street in town. Plus, they were all wearing bells on them, like the Morris Dancers, except on bags and round wrists rather than all over. I tried not to laugh at that - they may be 15 and dressed like Japanese cartoon characters, but there's fifty of them and one of me.
Tomorrow should be excellent, the HSV Football match, catching up with Kat, and probably going to the Dom as it's the final night. Good times.
2 comments:
Dude, forget those who complain about overly long posts. You are not writing for children with 20 second attention spans after-all. If people claim they can't cope with more than a paragraph of text, well, I seriously question the value of their education/contribution to their jobs/
Keep it up
Ben
Okay so I want to see a picture of the awesome anime kids :). I'm fascinated with jrock.
Post a Comment