I have spent the greater part of today looking at a computer screen in an attempt to find something to do.
The work I have done has been extremely limited, both in the sense of time and capacity. Re-typing an edited document and creating a spreadsheet is neither time consuming nor stimulating. It makes me feel unnecessary. At least when I was doing data entry I had something to do.
I have, however, been told of my flight details, so that means further planning. I did constructively, from my perspective not work's, look at the pricing of flights and trains through the USA. I think I'll have the most important aspect sorted: a flight to Portland. It's then a matter of sorting out where I go from there. Seattle is looking most likely. Any where else adds significant costs, but it could all be worth it. Something to sleep on.
Speaking of which, have you ever heard of Night Terrors? I used to get them all the time as a kid. And then infrequently through my later years. I can only describe the sensation as being flushed in fear, nothing makes too much sense, and there's an overpowering of the senses. For me, it's usually a vision or a sound. And that's it. Well, it looks like they're back. The last two nights I've woken up round 2 am in the morning freaking out. This morning's was the most vivid: simply a face at the end of the bed. There was nothing before that, and I swear I woke up screaming. Though, this makes it sound like I was restless and fully awake. I remember sitting bolt upright breathing heavily, writhing, then I stared at the clock, and the next thing I know it's 6 am.
Most people are simply going to put this down to stress, and that's probably it: starting a new job, looking for a place to live, girlfriend living on the otherside of the world. I'd say that's a fair brew for bad dreams. I'm hoping for sweeter sleeping tonight.
I do have some fantastic news though. I know precisely what I'm getting Elaine for her birthday, and I'm getting it tomorrow. Here's a clue:

The work I have done has been extremely limited, both in the sense of time and capacity. Re-typing an edited document and creating a spreadsheet is neither time consuming nor stimulating. It makes me feel unnecessary. At least when I was doing data entry I had something to do.
I have, however, been told of my flight details, so that means further planning. I did constructively, from my perspective not work's, look at the pricing of flights and trains through the USA. I think I'll have the most important aspect sorted: a flight to Portland. It's then a matter of sorting out where I go from there. Seattle is looking most likely. Any where else adds significant costs, but it could all be worth it. Something to sleep on.
Speaking of which, have you ever heard of Night Terrors? I used to get them all the time as a kid. And then infrequently through my later years. I can only describe the sensation as being flushed in fear, nothing makes too much sense, and there's an overpowering of the senses. For me, it's usually a vision or a sound. And that's it. Well, it looks like they're back. The last two nights I've woken up round 2 am in the morning freaking out. This morning's was the most vivid: simply a face at the end of the bed. There was nothing before that, and I swear I woke up screaming. Though, this makes it sound like I was restless and fully awake. I remember sitting bolt upright breathing heavily, writhing, then I stared at the clock, and the next thing I know it's 6 am.
Most people are simply going to put this down to stress, and that's probably it: starting a new job, looking for a place to live, girlfriend living on the otherside of the world. I'd say that's a fair brew for bad dreams. I'm hoping for sweeter sleeping tonight.
I do have some fantastic news though. I know precisely what I'm getting Elaine for her birthday, and I'm getting it tomorrow. Here's a clue:

1 comment:
I just had the most bizarre dream last night about having to do a cesarian section on a man who was pregnant (no clue)... but being unable to do the cutting and the normal doctor just kept handing me tools and making me toggle things open... top that with the guy being awake and going Ow... ow ow... ow... OW!!!... /sigh
Post a Comment