Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Stinker of a Day

Today is just a stinking hot day. It is hot, and it started off with a pugent odour. The problem with public transport is the public. On my way into work this morning, I had the joy of standing next to a man who had the most odoious breath I have ever encountered. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and presume that he has no idea what toothbrush is, I've been told that halitosis is a real problem for some people. But surely there must be ways of ensuring as little damage is done to people's respiratory system as possible.

As for the temperature, today was blindingly hot. Thank heavens I have an air conditioning system that works in overdrive. I must admit that I only discovered how effective the system was when I stepped out this afternoon to go view a flat for rent. Then I was sweltering. The only concern I have is that this I might have to take to wearing more layers in my office during the winter. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

The astute will now be asking: Flat viewing? Does this mean you have a new place to live? The answer is No. The place was too freaking small for the price they wanted. It was nice, in the city, three bedrooms, two full bathrooms. But one room was massive, the other a double, and the other a tiny single. No way was it worth what they were asking. The struggle continues.

And I've gone and done the mad thing of agreeing to do the Lake Taupo Relay with 13 others. I'm doing a 8-9km run at 7 am in the morning. It's less than others, and some start at 2 am. But come on, my fitness is not great. I like to think of it as superb walking and explosive fitness, not sustained running fitness. Time will tell how this goes. At least I'll have some great photos and stories.

On the side of Good News, work as officially confirmed my leave! Bring on the three weeks I get in the US and Vienna.

No comments: