Today has been a pretty freaking cool day. This morning held a different view, from sleeping through alarms, to rushing the morning routine, through to not having enough time to make lunch. I thought it was going to be an interesting day.
Things turned around around lunch time, right when I was chasing flats up and getting no where. After passing on a flat I saw to some friends, I headed out to lunch deciding I had enough time to get to my favourite sushi bar. Now, I've been in there once in the last nine months. Nine months. Yet the owners recognised me in my suit, and prepared my usual sushi. And damn it was good. It was delicious. Made me smile from ear to ear.
Then, upon my return to the office, I discover that a file I've been working on my well head to a hearing. Which is good news. The partner liked my submissions so much that she said she wants me to help with the hearing if these submissions are unsuccessful. Sweet! Fourth week on the job, and I've got files I'm responsible for, clients to talk to, and looks like I'll be in court. This job rules!
Anyways, after work had a look at this place I suggested to friends. And it is now mine. A sweet little classic Nineteenth Century villa. It's had some work of course, but it's amazing. Verandah, terrance garden, big bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a three minute walk into town, the Botannical Gardens, Parliament grounds and Speights Ale House.
Expect photos shortly. We move in next week.
Things turned around around lunch time, right when I was chasing flats up and getting no where. After passing on a flat I saw to some friends, I headed out to lunch deciding I had enough time to get to my favourite sushi bar. Now, I've been in there once in the last nine months. Nine months. Yet the owners recognised me in my suit, and prepared my usual sushi. And damn it was good. It was delicious. Made me smile from ear to ear.
Then, upon my return to the office, I discover that a file I've been working on my well head to a hearing. Which is good news. The partner liked my submissions so much that she said she wants me to help with the hearing if these submissions are unsuccessful. Sweet! Fourth week on the job, and I've got files I'm responsible for, clients to talk to, and looks like I'll be in court. This job rules!
Anyways, after work had a look at this place I suggested to friends. And it is now mine. A sweet little classic Nineteenth Century villa. It's had some work of course, but it's amazing. Verandah, terrance garden, big bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a three minute walk into town, the Botannical Gardens, Parliament grounds and Speights Ale House.
Expect photos shortly. We move in next week.
1 comment:
Oooo! You mean I can say I know someone who lives in a villa? ^_^ Congrats!
Post a Comment