Sunday, January 28, 2007

The (Un)Gambler

The Family that gambles together stays together. Well, it was a good enough excuse for the family to sit down last night and play some poker. Luckily we weren't playing for money. Just pride and a bottle of wine. Needless to say I left with neither. First one out. Well, hopefully the line "Unlucky in cards, lucky in love" holds true.

Onto the completely unrelated topics. Ukuleles. During the week, the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra played a free concert at the Soundshell in the Botannical Gardens. While I couldn't make it myself, I did manage to track down a little treat for everyone.



This series of free outdoor concerts comes to a close tonight, and in a big bang I hope. The Little Bushman is playing, and with some fine fine weather, it looks as though it'll be chocka-block full of people today. This just means I'll have to head down early. A picnic sounds like a stellar idea. It should be the nicest way to round down for the beginning of my legal career tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Yes, the astute will notice that the Wellinton International Ukulele Orchestra contains Age Pryor, and Brett Mackensie.