Thursday, January 11, 2007

Divine Time

Yesterday was a good day. As I've already posted for parts of yesterday, I'll just cover what happened post posting.


Went down to the Soundshell in the Botannical Gardens again after work, and the magical Deva Mahal was playing. My god that woman can sing. Thankfully the weather decided to play nice too. Fingers crossed that it continues to hold, as on Sunday the Opensouls are playing, and that should be an absolute cracking concert. All for free too. I love Wellington sometimes.


Talked again to Elaine, and it just doesn't get any easier for me to be somewhere else. Soppy, I know. It's getting easier to live with, but not having any immediate dates to see her again is a little frustrating. But we're both working on that, having a hectic and intense study schedule doesn't make organising such dates a simple thing. Not that I envisaged conducting a long distance relationship a simple thing. I did have plans to surprise her on my return from the Vis Moot. However, being three weeks before her exams, and the possibility of knocking on her door at midnight meant I needed inside information as to it's viability. Unfortunately my 'inside man' is Elaine herself, so the plans for a surprise were short lived. Hopefully though the plans can continue, dependant on her availability and desire to have a distraction of the highest order such as myself around. I'm hoping for an affirmative answer, but I do understand otherwise. I'll mope for a bit of course, but the long term is more important.

My sister, Amy, is doing well. Looking like she's having a blast in Montreal. If anyone is passing through that area, she might want some English company. Let me know. I'll probably also bug you if she's running through your neighbourhood.

Anyways, time to dash to the pools to keep myself occupied and do a little work to help pay the bills. Today doesn't look like it's going to hold to much for me, but tomorrow looks interesting, as my brother is taking me to a poker night with his mates. I'll mistakenly forget to inform them that I can count cards.

2 comments:

a.m.y said...

yeah things are going 'well'....if you decide to follow the link..warning...its not as neat, tidy or intelligently written like my darling brother's...

im glad your keeping up the blog even though you're in nz...its another way i know what your up to (ie free concerts *envious stare*)

PVM said...

Remind me never to play poker with you, as you're probably dashingly good at it and I'm less than mediocre :).