Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Swear They Didn't Have Mushrooms

These last few days have been interesting. I had the interview yesterday which went well, and one today that went swimmingly. Well, it was more like a swim on the way back to collect my car as it was pouring down and I got completely soaked in my suit. It actually felt pretty sweet walking in the rain in a suit. Something I've never done before, and would recommend to all, as long as you had something dry to get changed into at the other end.

Then Jess and I attempted to see a movie. Note the operative word being attempted. We failed miserably. Our alternatives turned out to be failures too. Except for the Botannical Gardens, which at the moment is all lit up at night in the most surreal fashion.











Today has been a pretty good day really. I've had some feedback from one of the law firms I interviewed with and they are pretty keen to have me come on board. This would be amazing. Even more so as they've motioned that I would be involved in the international scene, going to conferences, meeting with international clients and generally being an overseas man. Sweet! And they'd pay for training and specialisation training, which coincidentally would see me increase my international career prospects more so. So yeah, things are on track (touch wood).

Now all that would be left is to find a suitable place to live.

1 comment:

PVM said...

Oooo rainbowy gardens :). Lovely. Good luck and I know you got a job but hopefully good luck stays with you through everything.