Saturday, January 20, 2007

Where are We Going?

I've now officially got my offer. And it looks pretty damn good. I'm going to take it after a few minor details are clarified and confirmed.

Picking it up yesterday was a fun day. After my lunch with Meredith, which coincidentally was at this great little Chinese place I've never seen before, I waited for a phone call telling me the offer was ready to be picked up. Several hours later and a couple of phonecalls to chase it up I had it. In order to fill my time and stave off boredom while waiting for return phonecalls, I wandered the waterfront. Yesterday was an amazing day again. The heat, sunshine and general vibe was sweet. It reminded me of my time in Hamburg when I first arrived: wandering, visiting the waterfront, sitting on grassy knolls reading books. To think I'm going to be in an office soon.

That's what is starting to creep on me: the realisation that things are moving in my life. It's a good direction, and much like Hamburg, it's a direction I'm not entirely sure where it's headed but simply that I'm in it for the ride and it looks good. It reminds me of a card I bought my sister before she left for Canada.

And I had a wicked time last night at a drunken BYO dinner. Many bottles of wine, curry, and pool games. It was a blast, even though I only knew one person there and everyone else probably knew who I was. Gossip. It's a wonderful thing sometimes. Nonetheless, it was an amazing time. Currently I'm looking forward to an evening of bowling tonight. Should be a blast.

1 comment:

PVM said...

That card is stellar. Where do you find these things? I often wonder that myself and muse those self same things... odd how the world keeps turning and we just get spun along on the ride.