The weather here is just stellar. Some how, Summer has decided to show itself. And my god, it is in full swing. Today is a scorcher, cloudless day with the slighest breath of warm wind.
That's not the best part. I've been offered a job. Unofficially. I'm waiting for the paper work to arrive tomorrow so I can look through it, and yes, it is the job that I really wanted and should hopefully take me around the globe. The funniest things is that I've also been asked to interivew for the JET exchange, as well as hearing back from another law firm who is extremely interested and are now trying to put together a package for their Auckland office. It's ironic really. I strived for so long to get a foot in the door, and now there's a number to choose between.
I'm now going to delve into personal and emotional details. Fair warning for the faint of heart. I miss Elaine. Dearly. Achingly. After talking to her today, hearing myself say that I would give anything to have her here, or be there, it cemented the fact for me. After all the self-sale-pitches I've had to make over the few weeks in interviews, hearing something as true, honest, and raw slip out was a pleasant contrast.
It also intensified the ache. Everyword was true, and never have I said something I meant and meant something I said more so.
That's not the best part. I've been offered a job. Unofficially. I'm waiting for the paper work to arrive tomorrow so I can look through it, and yes, it is the job that I really wanted and should hopefully take me around the globe. The funniest things is that I've also been asked to interivew for the JET exchange, as well as hearing back from another law firm who is extremely interested and are now trying to put together a package for their Auckland office. It's ironic really. I strived for so long to get a foot in the door, and now there's a number to choose between.
I'm now going to delve into personal and emotional details. Fair warning for the faint of heart. I miss Elaine. Dearly. Achingly. After talking to her today, hearing myself say that I would give anything to have her here, or be there, it cemented the fact for me. After all the self-sale-pitches I've had to make over the few weeks in interviews, hearing something as true, honest, and raw slip out was a pleasant contrast.
It also intensified the ache. Everyword was true, and never have I said something I meant and meant something I said more so.
No comments:
Post a Comment