So Melbourne turned out to be one of the best times of my life. Good times, Good people, Great stories, Interesting photos.
Melbourne also offered time to reflect. Both events and people got me thinking and reevaluating where I was in life. I discovered that I enjoyed being a pirate. In fact I very much enjoyed being a pirate, or that might have been all that free alcohol.
Also turns out that what I thought looked like a Professional Tenpin Bowler, people thought was an Adult Movie Star. Might have something to do with the costume rather than the behaviour I swear. But a good time was hard regardless of the looks we recieved in Central Melbourne.
Apart from the goodtimes, there was also the sobering times. Sadly I was the only person who never suffered a hangover. I put it down to good genes, though I left my best pair in New Zealand.
But on a more serious note, there was real time for reflection and so it was upon my return that the difficult decision to end my current relationship. It was a difficult step to make, but one I'm sure of now. It sounds evil but I feel happier, have more energy and everyone has noticed the difference. I don't regret doing it, just the timing - breaking up with your girlfriend after she picks you up from the airport is not the gentlemanly thing to do. And for that I am sorry.
More interesting news, last night we had a great dinner with the Moot Family at One Red Dog. It was a riot. A cheap riot too thanks to Fin and Martin with their Entertainment cards. I promise to post some photos as soon as I can.
As for today, I had coffee with Anna and Bridget. They leave on Monday for the UK. Indefinitely. It was so good to see you Anna, and I'm going to miss you, but we WILL catch up when I'm over there sometime I promise. It was hard to see you off, and I did cry a little. But this doesn't mean I'm gay, though I do appreciate your efforts as I'm sure the gay male population does to.
Before we get to bogged down and depressed, a brief outline of activities planned to celebrate my departure is contained below:
-Board games and German beer with good friends tomorrow. Drunken backstabbing is the best kind of back stabbing.
-House warming for Petra and Andrew. Should be great fun to see all the moot family again.
-Visit from Dunedin friends. At this stage it looks like some friends from Dunedin may come up next weekend for a little celebration. Should be great fun.
-Catch up drinks with ALSA team members. Relive those glory days, and glorious photos that are yet to surface (Charlotte, Josh, Kat, Kate and Tracey) I know they're
out there.
So expect lots of photos and stories before I go. Life is around the corner.
Melbourne also offered time to reflect. Both events and people got me thinking and reevaluating where I was in life. I discovered that I enjoyed being a pirate. In fact I very much enjoyed being a pirate, or that might have been all that free alcohol.
Also turns out that what I thought looked like a Professional Tenpin Bowler, people thought was an Adult Movie Star. Might have something to do with the costume rather than the behaviour I swear. But a good time was hard regardless of the looks we recieved in Central Melbourne.
Apart from the goodtimes, there was also the sobering times. Sadly I was the only person who never suffered a hangover. I put it down to good genes, though I left my best pair in New Zealand.
But on a more serious note, there was real time for reflection and so it was upon my return that the difficult decision to end my current relationship. It was a difficult step to make, but one I'm sure of now. It sounds evil but I feel happier, have more energy and everyone has noticed the difference. I don't regret doing it, just the timing - breaking up with your girlfriend after she picks you up from the airport is not the gentlemanly thing to do. And for that I am sorry.
More interesting news, last night we had a great dinner with the Moot Family at One Red Dog. It was a riot. A cheap riot too thanks to Fin and Martin with their Entertainment cards. I promise to post some photos as soon as I can.
As for today, I had coffee with Anna and Bridget. They leave on Monday for the UK. Indefinitely. It was so good to see you Anna, and I'm going to miss you, but we WILL catch up when I'm over there sometime I promise. It was hard to see you off, and I did cry a little. But this doesn't mean I'm gay, though I do appreciate your efforts as I'm sure the gay male population does to.
Before we get to bogged down and depressed, a brief outline of activities planned to celebrate my departure is contained below:
-Board games and German beer with good friends tomorrow. Drunken backstabbing is the best kind of back stabbing.
-House warming for Petra and Andrew. Should be great fun to see all the moot family again.
-Visit from Dunedin friends. At this stage it looks like some friends from Dunedin may come up next weekend for a little celebration. Should be great fun.
-Catch up drinks with ALSA team members. Relive those glory days, and glorious photos that are yet to surface (Charlotte, Josh, Kat, Kate and Tracey) I know they're
out there.
So expect lots of photos and stories before I go. Life is around the corner.
1 comment:
Love the porn star duds... hehe... although the mini mustache may have been perhaps a bit much ;).
I should start blogging again and post tons of photographic evidence of my adventures ;).
Post a Comment