Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Apartment


So I've finally manged to find an internet connection, and it's in my new apartment. This place is amazing by the way: 3 minute walk to the shops and underground, about 3 stops by the U-Bahn to the city centre and law school, and its a quiet neighbourhood. To make things better, my room is huge, and there's hardwood floor everywhere. My kind of house.

In terms of contact details, if you feel the urge to send me stuff or visit, please make sure it's all:
c/o Elsner
Lapstroweg 16
20255 Hamburg
Germany
This is important, as otherwise there's no distinction between the apartments and your carefully wrapped care packages will not arrive; nor would you be able to ascertain which buzzer to press. But do please be aware that my flatmate returns from Greece on 25 August, so I don't know what the official story is with visitors just yet.

As you can probably guess, I've only now been able to put my travels in transit onto the blog. So to get a quick run down of what happened when: I left New Zealand at Thursday 1550 NZST, and arrived in Hamburg Saturday 0900 NZST. That's into 40 hours of travel, and I do not recommend it.

A huge thanks to Wiebke for picking me up from the airport and Jan for taking me from the hostel to my apartment. You guys rock.

It's lunch time, and I'm about ready to eat when I want to eat, not when the airline decides.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh, and in case anyone is interested, I now have Skype. My username is crying.shame

Bonus points if you can name the reference.