Baking amazes me. It's surprising how the simplest of ingredients can come together to make the most glorious of dishes, and how sometimes it can happen in a blink of an eye. Most times there's just a mash of ingredients in front you, but when you add that last egg it all comes to fruition and the mixture results. Quite astounding really, the change in consistency, the change in appearance and the change in taste.
Little like Chemistry really, though without the tasting. Probably explains my affinity for both really. So when something like Molecular Gastronomy comes along, you know I need to find out more. The things people can do is mind blowing.
I'm just a big kid, and this is my equally (im)mature chemistry set. I want one.
Little like Chemistry really, though without the tasting. Probably explains my affinity for both really. So when something like Molecular Gastronomy comes along, you know I need to find out more. The things people can do is mind blowing.
I'm just a big kid, and this is my equally (im)mature chemistry set. I want one.
1 comment:
Mike do you have a recipe for crusts? I can't get mine right, and am desperate for anyones advice!
Post a Comment