Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Casual Dining

Ever wonder what the inside of an old villa kitchen roof looks like? Well wonder no longer, for your pleasure I present our gutted kitchen roof:


The landlord and their builder finally came round to sort it out. And now our lounge is full of kitchen ware, chairs, and baking goods. Interesting times. At least there's a small refund on rent.

On the brighter side of things, work has said they'll contribute to my trip back to Vienna for the Vis Moot, and may get me to visit some associates while I'm over there. Excellent news - I get to make more international contacts, go to Vienna and the competition, and save my money for other purposes. Everyone wins. I'll find out on Friday exactly how much they will contribute and what is expected of me in Europe.

Though discussing work does require mention of the lack of billable work I've been given. There's just not much going round at the moment that I can help with. Sort of makes me feel a little unnecessary. So beyond feeding my addiction for sudoku, I'm doing a fair amount of personal research and education passed off as work related.

My personal favourite research topic at the moment though is the nature of intellectual property rights molecular gastronomy attracts.

I'm a law geek through and through.

Oh, and those suggestions for things to see here in NZ are still more than welcome.

1 comment:

PVM said...

Okay scary. You're ceiling has mold growing on it o.o.... fuzzy white things are NOT GOOD!!! Make sure you spray some bleach or vinegar up there to kill that creepy stuff!

Grats on the trip to Vienna. Post a zillion more pictures for me to live vicariously through ;).