I don't suppose many people know the feeling you get halfway through a conversation when you all of a sudden realise that the other person probably isn't taking you all that seriously when you look like a Lion.
It was somewhat disappointing to see that the most effort people had made was to dress up and buy a cheap mask with feathers. I certainly thought the painted faces were original and unique. They also served their purpose for masquerading - not many people recognised me at first, and alot of people were thoroughly impressed. There were many many positive comments. One negative from a drunken guy in the Mens, but I think he had issues.
Anyways, it was a great night. I had a brilliant time. The only downside is having to take the make-up off afterwards, and I now have a new found respect for the time it can take women to get ready for bed after a night out. Though I should sincerely hope no one puts on as much as I had on to be a lion.
The removal of make-up is an artform lost on me then. As this morning I still had some black eyeliner on, and some black in my lashes. It filled my lashes out, defining what are usually the blond tips, thereby showing off their full length - My flatmates didn't like me for that. The other thing was that it really brought out my eyes, exposing them as the icy blue they can be somtimes.
Quite cool. Apart from wearing makeup to achieve that effect.
1 comment:
As far as I'm concerned, more men should wear eyeliner, even just small bits of it as it makes their eyes absolutely LOVELY ^_^. Nifty makeup job though. You make tiger look good ;).
Post a Comment