Monday, December 04, 2006

This was longer before I edited it.

I suppose I should be doing more study, it's just a little difficult to get the drive going. I'll give you the back story - the exam is on International Commercial Transactions. Sounds daunting, and it might be, for the fact the exam content is on the Vienna Sales Convention, otherwise known as the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods. The CISG. This may ring a bell for some of you, this is the very thing I lived and breathed for the better part of three years. So you understand my compliancy, and possibly my downfall.

On the brighter side of things, I'm feeling pretty damn good about now. I'm no where nearer knowing my future in next year, all I know is that I'm doing everything I can to ensure it. It's the closest to certainty I can get right now.

You may well ask, is this certainty related to employment or relationships? It's both really. The best I can do for certainty on either count is to lay everything on the table, and pursue everything with as much vigour and passion as possible. That I have done.

On another point, I'd direct your attention to one site that I've only ever found hope from. Post Secret is a website that publishes post-cards anonymously sent in containing various forms of people's secrets. They vary from the absurd to the touching, from the thankful to accusatory. Some have suggested that there's nothing to be gained from visiting this site other than being a voyeur to people's private lives. I don't dispute there's a little voyerusim involved. But there's more. These people have decided they'd give a little slice of themselves, whether to share or find the happiness. It's reassuring to find people that are willing to be as open as that. The other aspect is that it brings some of my problems into perspective. People are going through, have gone through, and resolved much worse problems than I am.

Reality is an easy thing to face when you have perspective.

1 comment:

PVM said...

I was introduced to that website not so long ago and delighted in my net-voyeurism for a while, being a normal voyeur without the interweb helping me out from time to time. Found that it contained 2 parts funny, 2 parts sad, and a small part highly frightening. But definitely puts things into perspective and makes one realize that life is not so bad when you consider the things others might be going through. It's good to have options, mobility, relatively accessible monetary means, and good friends.