Thursday, December 14, 2006

Nostalgia

Well, it's officially a short span until my last exam in my law degree. I'm sitting here wittling away at the study in front of me. I've also just handed in my last essay ever. Trouble is, I'm pretty certain I've got my law degree, it's just a matter of pride now - getting those last grades.

I was always envisgaing spending my last exam in Wellington, walking out into the welcoming warmth and sun that awaited me after the feverous last few hours. Now, I'm in Hamburg. I'll be walking outside wrapped in warm clothes cursing the ever twilight winter sun. Don't get me wrong, I'll love the feeling of accomplishment with finishing my exams. It's just that my sights are now on slightly more future things. Like finding work, organising travel, and wondering what the grown-up version of me will be like.


Which brings me to an interesting train of thought. People often wonder what their childhood version would say or think of their adult upgrade. I honestly have no clue. Would there be suggstions from the child, or an explanation from the adult? Condemnation versus congratulations I guess. Personally, I think the childhood Michael would nod approvingly at some aspects of my life. I've travelled, I'll be travelling again in the next year and beyond. My goals are beyond the shores of New Zealand. I try to do things with a smile on my face, and I still act like a kid sometimes. Not in that petulant way all the time, but just taking heart with little things.

Would I have anything to explain to the younger me? I don't know. Possibly the lack of marriage and small children. And why I don't have a job, let alone why it's taken so long to finish my education.

Oh, and where all the Lego has gone to. And possibly answer why Voltron is no longer around.

Speaking of television shows, I've managed to discover that TVNZ puts up a fair number of its shows on the net. A fantastic idea if ever there was one. The result is that I can now satisfy those uges to watch Eating Media Lunch anywhere anytime.

1 comment:

PVM said...

And truly... where have all the legos gone... surely a mystery although I have proof that they've not gone at all but in fact are happy and breeding in MN. I, in fact, have a picture of myself teetering precariously on top of a rather large lego outside the Mall of America. Will have to post it somewhere for you :).