I decided to head into town today to finish up some errands that needed doing, and ended up not doing alot. The problem lies with the sheer number of people that gather in the central city, and added to that, the people who forgot to do their Christmas shopping. Then on top of that, it's a weekend, so families are in there with their kids doing Christmasy stuff. It was difficult to walk down a street, it was more in the fashion of being swept down a street.
This, of course, made getting things done for my departure rather difficult. I dreaded the thought of standing in a queue for over an hour just to buy a box, cardboard roll, and ask about freight. I'll take my chances next week.
Now, although it seems pretty damn cold to me, and it's the kind of cold that feels like snow could come (pretty pretty please), word on the street is that it's too hot for Glühwein. That's the German version of mulled wine, and by gods it's good. Apparently, the weather is not quite cold enough to invite people to partake in hot alcohol. I think that's just plain stupid. It's cold, single digit territory. So what if this is the warmest December in Hamburg on record. It's a Christmas tradition. Suck it up and drink your beverage with a smile on your face. I know I do.
In further news, it looks like there'll be Christmas dinner tomorrow with some exchange kiddies who are still hanging round. Hopefully. I'm not particularily fond of the thought of Christmas on my lonesome. I'll make something happen. Worst case scenario I can go spend the evening in a cinema watching Casino Royale after having made some traditional Christmas food - nachos.
This, of course, made getting things done for my departure rather difficult. I dreaded the thought of standing in a queue for over an hour just to buy a box, cardboard roll, and ask about freight. I'll take my chances next week.
Now, although it seems pretty damn cold to me, and it's the kind of cold that feels like snow could come (pretty pretty please), word on the street is that it's too hot for Glühwein. That's the German version of mulled wine, and by gods it's good. Apparently, the weather is not quite cold enough to invite people to partake in hot alcohol. I think that's just plain stupid. It's cold, single digit territory. So what if this is the warmest December in Hamburg on record. It's a Christmas tradition. Suck it up and drink your beverage with a smile on your face. I know I do.
In further news, it looks like there'll be Christmas dinner tomorrow with some exchange kiddies who are still hanging round. Hopefully. I'm not particularily fond of the thought of Christmas on my lonesome. I'll make something happen. Worst case scenario I can go spend the evening in a cinema watching Casino Royale after having made some traditional Christmas food - nachos.
2 comments:
hey mike
jimmy and hannah here,
merry christmas!!!
see you when ya get back in like 10 days (next year even)
your prezzies wrapped and under the tree ;)
Traditional xmas food... nachos 0.o... hmmm. Methinks we need to school you on tradition xmas food :)
Post a Comment