So I finally took some photos of the Christmas markets here in Hamburg. I should clarify things, there's actually somewhere in the region of five or more markets floating about the city.
This is just one of them. It's right infront of the Rathaus, and it's the largest. There's stalls upon stalls of food, drink, and other goodies. Handmade goodies are made onsight, so you can see glass blowers blow, jewellers jewel, hat makers make, and candy makers make us salivate. It's great fun. Except on a Friday or Saturday night, then it's packed.
You an probably see the sheer number of people at the markets just by looking at the silhouttes in the photo. I took this after I managed to make my way through. Which involved standing still for roughly ten minutes as the crowd wasn't moving. It was a combination of being near the Glühwein stall and the candy stall. Drunk people watching candy being made, while standing in a narrow alleyway is a combination that leads to congestion.
I'm back to more study now.
You an probably see the sheer number of people at the markets just by looking at the silhouttes in the photo. I took this after I managed to make my way through. Which involved standing still for roughly ten minutes as the crowd wasn't moving. It was a combination of being near the Glühwein stall and the candy stall. Drunk people watching candy being made, while standing in a narrow alleyway is a combination that leads to congestion.
I'm back to more study now.
1 comment:
Been a long time since I've posted... sorry been slacking. Have you officially bookmarked as a favorite from here on out ;).
That being said, the market looks stunning. Can't wait to read on and see what else is going on with you as I know I'm a few months behind.
Post a Comment