That's right folks, I'm going to the University Games. It's not restricted to German universities, as it includes some from all over Europe. Which is great as everything is conducted in English, making my life a little easier.
"What am I representing Bucerius in?" you ask. Simple. Volleyball. Having never played it before in my life, I was a shoe in for the team. It also helps that I'm going out with Elaine, who played Volleyball in College on scholarship, and that my buddy Wiebke is organising the team. The lack of people able to go is also a factor. But I get to play. That's the important part.
This is due to take place in Koblenz, which is just outside of Mainz. No idea exactly what the schedule is. All I know is that there's a bus going down there Thursday, we have games Friday and maybe Saturday, we come back on Sunday, and socialising will be involved. Excellent, sounds like a plan to me.
Currently I'm hanging out between classes, what with one this morning at 9:15 am, and the other at 6:30 pm I'm stretched to either end of the day. What's worse is that the morning class is completely voluntary for me - I needn't do it to complete my degree, nor was I orginally enrolled in it. It just sounded good and so far Comparative Products Liability is more attractive than the course title suggests.
Plus it means I have something to do during the week.
"What am I representing Bucerius in?" you ask. Simple. Volleyball. Having never played it before in my life, I was a shoe in for the team. It also helps that I'm going out with Elaine, who played Volleyball in College on scholarship, and that my buddy Wiebke is organising the team. The lack of people able to go is also a factor. But I get to play. That's the important part.
This is due to take place in Koblenz, which is just outside of Mainz. No idea exactly what the schedule is. All I know is that there's a bus going down there Thursday, we have games Friday and maybe Saturday, we come back on Sunday, and socialising will be involved. Excellent, sounds like a plan to me.
Currently I'm hanging out between classes, what with one this morning at 9:15 am, and the other at 6:30 pm I'm stretched to either end of the day. What's worse is that the morning class is completely voluntary for me - I needn't do it to complete my degree, nor was I orginally enrolled in it. It just sounded good and so far Comparative Products Liability is more attractive than the course title suggests.
Plus it means I have something to do during the week.
2 comments:
Just got back, and it was a blast.
Sweet! Volleyball is a blast, although always leaves my arms bruised and purple.
Post a Comment