Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Complete Randomness

In between my flusters of work today I'll give you guys some completely random news, ideas, and advice.

I'll start with an update on stuff. Stuff is good, in fact, it's feeling alot better now. A huge public thanks to Meredith, by listening and being there you made my night and upon reflection, everything so much better. Damn it I have some good friends.

As for the mood swings of activity I've found myself in - it's partly borne of necessity, one part stimulation, and one part peer pressure. I'm working away on studying for my German Law exam in two weeks, getting to grips with my Alternative Dispute Resolution paper on the risks verus the potential, as well as organising my life for next year. No simple feat.

Amongst all of this I'll extol some vital information:

  • Canada is going a little too far with it's human rights in my opinion. A scary thought, seeing as the New Zealand system and Canada tend to react to each other.
  • Pain killers from salivia? I take it this is from other people's saliva, not our own. It doesn't take a scientist to recognise that friendly exchange of saliva can feel good and can reduce depression. Nonetheless, this sounds interesting. I wonder how it'll be harvested in the future.
And on a much different note: I've got some excellent music for you. Death Cab for Cutie. Weird name, but my god their latest album is a completely realised piece. Go load up a Station in Pandora with them and hear some of their stuff. Otherwise just go listen to their latest offering Plans, or the previous album Transaltanticism. Do it. The audiohpile in you will love you for it.

With that, I should hunt down some lunch.

2 comments:

a.m.y said...

I have to disagree about your comment on Canada. Especially seeing as (i think) we both know someone who is one of those people to benefit from such thing. Any way, the legislation is way better than the one proposed in New Zealand...just being the one who always has to debate you :)

Mike said...

My concern is with private use in such a public place.

Surely there are alternative methods of pain relief which could be used at the universities and would therefore be considered a reasonable limitation to such rights and freedoms.