Well, not really, but it got your attention now didn't it?
Things are progressing here in Hamburg. The absence of an adjective there is intentional, somethings are moving along nicely, with more certainty, thought, and the accompanying pleasant emotions thus associated. Needless to say I was staggering under the smile I had.
Others however, are simply moving towards an undeniable end. Namely the exchange. There's three weeks left until the end of the exchange and the multitude of people become less numerous. It looks as though everyone is heading home for Christmas bar myself and a few stragglers. I wouldn't nor should I complain, except for the fact I'm hearing stories about people's plans for Christmas. Needless to say they involve large gatherings, fireplaces, and lots of cheer. Something people tend to remind me that I'll be missing here. I might try to organise some kind of get together for all the internationals staying in Hamburg so we can have our own little celebration. Otherwise, I may just come-a-knocking on friends' doors in Europe.
As for other things on the move, I'm reminded on a daily basis of the impending arrival of adulthood - completion of degrees and the entering into the work force. Something I thought I'd have more control over at a sooner time. I'm working on it, the results will be there, it's just a matter of patience. And chocolate, the ultimate conciliator.
Another thing I have to work on is a place to live next year. Made all the more complicated by the fact I have no clue as to exactly when I'll be in New Zealand. I know for sure I'm out of the country around the end of March until the start of April. There might be some adventures overseas before, after, or heaven forbid, during that time. It's just a miasma of possibilities no closer to clarity even if you asked directed questions.
As always, comments, suggestions, and care packages are more than welcome.
But before you embark, I leave you this little departing gift. The Northen Lights, or as the American's call it: The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman, is finally being adapted for the big screen and under production. For the heathens that have no idea what this is about, I suggest you visit here.
Also, the Christmas market opens tomorrow and I plan on gorging myself on Glühwein, Stollen, and anything else I can find. Any requests for European Christmas decorations, goodies, or trinkets can be sent along for consideration.
Things are progressing here in Hamburg. The absence of an adjective there is intentional, somethings are moving along nicely, with more certainty, thought, and the accompanying pleasant emotions thus associated. Needless to say I was staggering under the smile I had.
Others however, are simply moving towards an undeniable end. Namely the exchange. There's three weeks left until the end of the exchange and the multitude of people become less numerous. It looks as though everyone is heading home for Christmas bar myself and a few stragglers. I wouldn't nor should I complain, except for the fact I'm hearing stories about people's plans for Christmas. Needless to say they involve large gatherings, fireplaces, and lots of cheer. Something people tend to remind me that I'll be missing here. I might try to organise some kind of get together for all the internationals staying in Hamburg so we can have our own little celebration. Otherwise, I may just come-a-knocking on friends' doors in Europe.
As for other things on the move, I'm reminded on a daily basis of the impending arrival of adulthood - completion of degrees and the entering into the work force. Something I thought I'd have more control over at a sooner time. I'm working on it, the results will be there, it's just a matter of patience. And chocolate, the ultimate conciliator.
Another thing I have to work on is a place to live next year. Made all the more complicated by the fact I have no clue as to exactly when I'll be in New Zealand. I know for sure I'm out of the country around the end of March until the start of April. There might be some adventures overseas before, after, or heaven forbid, during that time. It's just a miasma of possibilities no closer to clarity even if you asked directed questions.
As always, comments, suggestions, and care packages are more than welcome.
But before you embark, I leave you this little departing gift. The Northen Lights, or as the American's call it: The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman, is finally being adapted for the big screen and under production. For the heathens that have no idea what this is about, I suggest you visit here.
Also, the Christmas market opens tomorrow and I plan on gorging myself on Glühwein, Stollen, and anything else I can find. Any requests for European Christmas decorations, goodies, or trinkets can be sent along for consideration.
4 comments:
Well, a comment I posted seems to have been lost to the ether that is the internet. Here's the jist.
I got slightly worried that after reading this post people would think that I might be, on the whole, down.
While I can't deny that there are some down things surrounding me, there's more of things of a joyous nature.
Last night I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. I'm smiling typing this. And damn it if I'm not feeling good about my exam tomorrow. Hell, I'm feeling pretty good about things lying in front of me.
I just tend to be melodramatic sometimes. It makes being around me so much more fun.
Whoa, just re-read that. The line about things lying infront of me simply refers to options and opportunities ahead, it's by no means euphamistic.
Good thing I haven't lost my ability to spot gutter talk.
Damn it I really really want to read His Dark Materials again. I'll have to wait until my return to New Zealand.
I do highly recommend it. It's not just a good read, it also makes for good discussion about the whole religion, belief, personality concept, and shades of grey.
I always love a good book series. If I wasn't in the middle of another couple of series I'd definitely pick this up. Might have to after I've finished off what I'm currently reading (just finished Harry Potter Book 6, and currently in the middle of A Game of Thrones by G.R.R. Martin - highly recommended).
Post a Comment