Friday, November 17, 2006

Horizon Draws Near

Currently I'm attempting to study for my German Law exam. I say attempting to because I've found numerous methods of procrastination. It is such an ugly word: procrastination. It has connotations that are unfavourable, unwholesome. Evil. Which is why I've temporised with doing other vital things, such as my paper on Alternative Dispute Resolution, organising applications to jobs and exchanges. You know, the usual.

One of these active diversions has been looking for work in Europe. And on that front, I've just returned from a small meeting with the career lady, bearing good and bad news no less. There's no long term employment available. There is, however, over 200 internships available for something like 100 students. I like those odds.

We have been asked to try and apply for internships in Germany if possible, that way the German students have the better opportunity to work abroad in New York, Chicago, Brussells, and so forth. Admittedly I was a little annoyed at this at first, but I've come to reason it out: I wouldn't have this opportunity without Bucerius. Moreover the German firms provide allowances during the internships. Sweet, this looks promising. Only downfall is German language skills - I might be able to scrape by as I currently stand, but being fluent would be far more beneficial.

So there's some hope for my international career yet. This could prove a brilliant opportunity. Only downfall is that the process is due to happen over the next week. Talk about shotgun application processes. Well, it works for me anyways, so I don't think there's grounds for complaint on my part.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hahah, I've just booked a flight to Dublin for after exams. I'll be there for three days from December 16. Should be great to catch up with Jo in her stomping ground.

PVM said...

God how I wish I'd managed to get my trip out to visit you realized before you made all these amazing trips without me. Ah well, such is life. Have fun in Dublin... or hope you had fun in Dublin either way lol.