Wednesday, May 09, 2007

OMFG

I was just asked today to participate in a Court of Appeal case. No. It's not like the High Court case below. I get to write submissions on what has become a central issue. And it's law yet to be settled in an appellate court in New Zealand. So I'm feeling amazingly over the moon and nervous at the same time. And it's on Monday. I have two working days to do this...

But nonetheless, I'm still blown away. Four months on the job and I'm writing submissions on a piece of unsettled law in New Zealand that's to be determined by my submissions in an appellate level.

My friends in major law firms who've been there for years are yet to do this. Hell, and I'm not even really involved in litigation according to my job description.

Oh, and for the completely whacked out experience of the day, check out Antartica, and the Southern Auroa. Whack.

No comments: