Sunday, May 20, 2007

Near Picturesque

Wellington has been visited by some beautiful weather of late, though sadly not for the most part of today - the wind has found it's viscous strength again and seems intent on flouting it. But besides that, the weekend was amazing. As suggested, picturesque.

It seems so bizarre that this weather has been hitting us. Wellington is usually known for its characteristic wind, yet over the last few weeks, it's been notoriously absent. Something it's reminding us of now as the window frames pulsate with the prodigal gales. In any event, it's provided some idyllic days, some glorious sun, and some peaceful afternoons. I've been trying to take it in, but it's difficult. The last time I encountered such idyllic Autumnal weather, I was in Hamburg.


It's almost picturesque, but there's something missing. I'd give anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this wonderful pictures of Wellington - makes me feel homesick and looking forward to come back again.

Andreas