Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mrs Robinson

Graduation time again in the grand old city of Wellington, and boy was the weather turned on for us today. Immaculate conditions, bright, sunny, and still.

It was amazingly climatic. Sounds bizarre, but I had written off graduation, wondering whether it would all be anti-climatic. The parade was great fun, seeing so many people come out and cheer us on, and then the ceremony. But it felt amazingly good to stride out across the stage and collect my degree in Science, and another in Law. Damn it felt good. The surge of clapping from the staff was reassuring. It was made all the more better by having a Senior Lecturer, who had lectured me in first paper six years ago, handing me my degrees and whispering "Congratulations Michael, it's about bloody time".

So, finally, I am a graduate. And everything is going so brilliantly well. It's as if things have slid into place for me since my excursion to Germany. Everything is on the up, and I'm striving to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mike,

I am so happy for you. Good to hear/read that everything is going so amazing well.

And this photo makes me feel homesick again - civic square and the graduation ceremony. That must be a gorgeous feeling.

Take care and all the best

Andreas

PVM said...

Holy congratulations! *massive hugs from across the seas*