Friday, September 08, 2006

Photos as promised


So this is Jo and me at the Sofa bar in Sternchanse. See what I mean about the slivers of light. It was so good to catch up with her.

Other piece of random news, I met a Vis Mooter here. I was sitting having lunch with everyone, and I turn to Lauren from Osgoode Hall and ask her "By chance did you have an older sister who went to Osgoode?". She looked so familiar, but didn't have the curly hair I remember.

"No I don't" she said, "Where do you think you met her?". My reply was Vienna. Turns out that Lauren was at the Vis Moot, and was the Osgoode girl who sat in on our first moot against the Brasilians. She usually has curly hair. Weird as hell. Even funnier was the fact she was going to ask me whether I knew the guys from the Vis Moot team from VUW, as she thought I looked familiar too. Small world.

Oh, before I forget, here's a quote that struck me dumb:
I had vertigo. I wanted to fling myself off the edge of my confession and somehow, with the force of my passion, with the power and courage of my leap, command respect, understanding, sympathy.
Peter Carey, I thank you.

2 comments:

Mike said...

If you look at the charges sitting next to the numbers when you go to dial, it then says 3cent/minute.

At least that's what I saw.

Anonymous said...

God that place looks cool, good to see little Jo is just as smiley as ever.