So this morning I have a little more time. Mainly because I lost my keys again and now I have oodles of time before class.
Last weekend was great, on Saturday night St Pauli played Bayern Munich in the German League Cup. A division three side against one of the best in Europe. It finished a 1-1 draw, so there had to be sudden death (no boring English replays here). Munich won. But the streets were crazy. Turns out that there were riots of sorts in the Schanze district, but only five people got arrested.
Then on Sunday, a group of 23 of us internationals headed up the coast to St Peter Ording. It's a little village on the Northern pennusiula of Germany with huge long beaches that hit the North Sea. It was a serene little place. We were there from 1 pm until 6:30 pm, being a three hour train ride either way. But it only cost 6.75 EUR a person. Sweet. The Sea was great, it felt so good to be in the water again. Fun and Sun was had by all.
Then rolls in Monday, not much to report really. In fact, it's only yesterday when things pick up. Like the pickup touch rugby game we organised attracted 26 people to play, and more to watch. Turns out everyone liked it. Felt good to get that organised. Craziest thing was having to make space halfway through the game for a hot air balloon.
Then of course, I scored a ticket to tonight's HSV versus Arsenal game. That's right folks, I'm going to a UEFA Champion's League game. Sweet Jesus it will be good.
However, I did lose my keys, and that means a little bit of trouble for everyone. I don't think Jana appreciates me losing them, and there's talk of changing the locks - which would be a good 300 EUR I'm told. Personally I think that's a bit paranoid, there's no identifying features for the keys, just three simple keys on a keyring.
Anyways, I'm going to go get breakfast. Everyone take care, and I'll update with more photos and stories when I can.
Last weekend was great, on Saturday night St Pauli played Bayern Munich in the German League Cup. A division three side against one of the best in Europe. It finished a 1-1 draw, so there had to be sudden death (no boring English replays here). Munich won. But the streets were crazy. Turns out that there were riots of sorts in the Schanze district, but only five people got arrested.
Then on Sunday, a group of 23 of us internationals headed up the coast to St Peter Ording. It's a little village on the Northern pennusiula of Germany with huge long beaches that hit the North Sea. It was a serene little place. We were there from 1 pm until 6:30 pm, being a three hour train ride either way. But it only cost 6.75 EUR a person. Sweet. The Sea was great, it felt so good to be in the water again. Fun and Sun was had by all.
Then rolls in Monday, not much to report really. In fact, it's only yesterday when things pick up. Like the pickup touch rugby game we organised attracted 26 people to play, and more to watch. Turns out everyone liked it. Felt good to get that organised. Craziest thing was having to make space halfway through the game for a hot air balloon.Then of course, I scored a ticket to tonight's HSV versus Arsenal game. That's right folks, I'm going to a UEFA Champion's League game. Sweet Jesus it will be good.
However, I did lose my keys, and that means a little bit of trouble for everyone. I don't think Jana appreciates me losing them, and there's talk of changing the locks - which would be a good 300 EUR I'm told. Personally I think that's a bit paranoid, there's no identifying features for the keys, just three simple keys on a keyring.
Anyways, I'm going to go get breakfast. Everyone take care, and I'll update with more photos and stories when I can.
1 comment:
Updated for photo.
Plus Kat fractured her wrist playing touch last night. Poor thing. She has to fly back next week I think to be Head Bridesmaid at her sister's wedding.
Also, did I mention that I'm going to the Arsenal game tonight?
WooooooHoooooooohooot
Post a Comment