Thursday, September 07, 2006

Personal Device Accessories

I had considered going home to write this up, just so you guys could have the benefit of some photos. All two of them I've taken in the last wee while. But, I decided doing some readings at law school would be a wiser option, and most will appluad that move. The others can be content in the fact that I'm probably still going out tonight, like every night. Although drink may not be involved, a good time can be guaranteed regardless.

As for activities over the last few days, well, Jo's been here. Someone I haven't seen in almost two years. So a little catchup was required. It's been a pretty sweet time. Catching up on good times, having a little fun, introducing her to my new found friends and of course getting her heartfelt advice on a number of issues and vice versa. Had to put her on a train this morning. Little sad, but she'll be back. Plus, with Jo gone I shouldn't have to run to make my classes anymore.

Enough, of the cushy stuff. You want stories and good times. I've started frequenting that Sofa Bar I mentioned previously. It's a great a place during the day as it is during the night. They make damn good hot chocolates, and you can add a little flavour by means of Baileys for the adventurous. Their Japanese Green Tea is also pretty good, and cheap, for those worrying I'm consuming nothing more than alcohol these days. The best thing about this place is that it catches the sun in the evenings, so you can sit there sipping your drink with the dying rays of light. It's a pity that Germans like this too, and every German couple seems to like this place too. Which brings me to my next point.

PDAs. Public Displays of Affection for the uninitiated. Germans have no qualms about starting a pick-up game of tongue hockey anywhere. They don't seem to care that there's a New Zealander sitting across the way looking very uncomfortable. In fact, I swear some of them do it just to get to me. At least my friends get a kick out of seeing me squirm a little and point out the nearest couple going for it. Jo actually had to point out that I used to be much worse, and that now I'm fairly relaxed in comparison. Nonetheless, it provided a good story, even more so as Elaine spent half the time peeping through the hole in the back of her chair at the couple behind her. Little voyuer you.

Classes are brilliant. I'm already the outspoken one in class - who would have guessed... But it's proving a good thing, means I stay focused and enjoy the classes even more. The lecturer seems to like it too, so much so that I bump into him on the street and he gives me a little stick. In that friendly American manner of course.

Language classes started back up again, they're a reall hoot. The level is a bit crazy to gauge, but I'm fairly certain that I'm a cut above most in the grammar front. My Vocabulary isn't as diverse as some though. Good news is that we're covering grammar I haven't done before, so that'll be cool. And it's just good to keep talking in it, I've tracked down some who are pretty competent so we're hanging together.

Anyways, I've killed enough time talking to you. I'll creep on later tonight if I can simply to post some photos for you all. Also, I'll update you on the Soccer front, Italy playing France tonight in the qualification rounds. Should be fun. Pity there's no chance of a Materazzi and Zidane rematch.

No comments: