Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rhapsody on a Theme

So the weather gods have beaten me with the irony stick again. I go and spout off about the glorious, if not windy, Wellington spring weather and it turns to custard. Again. Though yesterday was nice and warm, today is monsoon season. Never ending rain without wind. Which is extremely odd for Wellington.

Hence my thinking the weather gods are mocking me. Plus, I've got golf on Friday. That's right I'm playing some Business Games Golf, it'll be my third game of golf. And the weather is inclement to put it nicely. Irony on a stick, being flaunted by the weatherman.

In other news I've managed to wingle my way in to a number of vital projects at work. None are billable, but it's the experience that really counts. Papers on various topics that affect the whole firm and will be seen and discussed by Partners. I seem to have a knack for getting those projects. The hopeful in me thinks it's because I continually produce an impressive, well argued opinion. The cynic in me thinks it's because I'm relatively cheap labour when it comes to legal opinions in the firm. Either way, it's invaluable experience and exposure.

Which brings me to an interesting point. In the course of researching for all of these projects I stumbled across the most intriguing website and series of blog posts putting everything I've thought about over the last year or so into written form.

No it's not specifically about moving to the US, it's all about opportunities shaping life and careers, what to skills to work on, and where to put those into practice. Though it's nothing I haven't already considered in some form or another, it's meaningful, for want of a better word, to see it all in one place and reinforced.

I really think Fate is having a quiet whisper in my ear. Which brings me back to ever continuing theme in my life - the right place, the right time.

1 comment:

Mike said...

And after just checking my emails now, there's one from an old work mate who's now in the UK. He just caught up with one of my Partners who's there on business, and apparently he won't stop singing my praises.

Hopeful or cynic huh? I'm going with the former.