Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Force is Strong in This One

Well Yesterday was a stunning Spring day. It was typical Wellington spring weather with a gorgeous morning, dazzling sunlight and warmth.


The observant should be two steps ahead. And no, it's not that my feet are sunburnt. The spring winds swept up. Gale force strength and rising. It continued today. Excuse me, the wind continues today. Sadly not the sun. It is now cold. Again. Rattling windows, ravaged trees, scattered debris. Wellington has its wind back.

But yesterday was a pearler for the most part. I took the misfortune of broken internet at work as a sign that I shouldn't be inside on the weekend. I grasped that opportunity and walked round the waterfront and through Cuba Street. It's becoming almost a regular occurrence these fine weekends. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Speaking of opportunities, the process for admission to the Bar has begun, and my first round of documents are near completion. Soon enough I'll be wearing the wig and gown. The coveted attire of the profession. Somehow the images of Darth Vader emerging from a darkened room are a strong association with that.

Odd. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Oh, and I have two films to review for the Italian Film Festival - Romanzo di Crimine, and La Terra. Looks like fun.

2 comments:

infohaas said...

What happened to the Kiwis?

The force wasn't strong enough for the All Blacks

NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE summary of the game on German TV - I don't want to see them losing the match.

PVM said...

The image of you presiding over a court hearing while trying to prove innocence or guilt... while wearing Darth Vader robes... :) put a rather large smile on my face.