Seeing as they were going relatively cheap through work, I decided to buy an orchid. Now, I'm not much of a green thumb, but orchids are pretty amazing plants and can be quite stunning. So it'll be worthwhile, at least I think so.
The greatest thing is that they're indoor plants. Well, in New Zealand at least. With our most bizarre turn of weather at the moment, it's a good thing. We've gone from gloriously warm and sunny days, to despicably cold with razor sharp frosty winds. You'd think we had receded back into the depths of Winter again. That's right, October is supposed to be Spring in New Zealand, but I think the weather gods forget about this little island sometimes.
Seeing as I'm a New Zealander, it's ubiquitous that I mention the Rugby World Cup. New Zealand plays France in the first quarter-final on Sunday at 8 am NZST (that's Saturday 12 pm PST, and 9 pm Saturday in Germany for the ardent fans). Pretty decent time really, so no excuse to miss it.
Seeing as I'm a New Zealander, it's ubiquitous that I mention the Rugby World Cup. New Zealand plays France in the first quarter-final on Sunday at 8 am NZST (that's Saturday 12 pm PST, and 9 pm Saturday in Germany for the ardent fans). Pretty decent time really, so no excuse to miss it.
1 comment:
Hey Mike,
it'd be hillarious to watch it - if we could. The only German TV station broadcasting the Rugby Worldcup (DSF = Deutsches Sport Fernsehen) is only showing an extract of the match NZ-France on Sunday afternoon. What the f*** !
Nevertheless - they're gonna win and we'll watch them at the semi-finals live here!
Best regards from Hamburg
Andi
Post a Comment