So now I know how a wet rat feels. I'm not comparing lawyers to rats by any means, but it's the only image I could picture as we trudged around the sodden golf course. There were puddles in my shoes and I felt like I was wearing wet swimwear.
But the golf was good. I certainly enjoyed that aspect, though I'm not sure if everyone I played with did. The fact I was playing with the CEO and CFO only dawned on me the other day, then there was the added weight of knowing this game wouldn't even push my total number of golf rounds into double digits. A good time was had by all though, and we laughed our way round the course, everyone making some good shots, some bad ones, and some horrifying ones. My worst effort when driving went three feet in front of me. It was a good feeling to actually connect with the ball the next time.
The weather has continued with its drudgery, though it did manage to clear this morning. Well, clear enough for me to walk to the supermarket unimpeded by the rain. The wind was another matter. So I've been contained inside mostly. As have flatmates and their significant others. It's an interesting sensation to wake up early on the weekend to what you think is someone knocking on your bedroom door, only to realise that it's actually the frame shaking due to the intense rhythm from upstairs. Imagination no longer required, nor desired.
But to leave you all on a happier note, I give you the distinctly Wellington music stylings of Fly My Pretties in anticipation of Summer and finer weather.
But the golf was good. I certainly enjoyed that aspect, though I'm not sure if everyone I played with did. The fact I was playing with the CEO and CFO only dawned on me the other day, then there was the added weight of knowing this game wouldn't even push my total number of golf rounds into double digits. A good time was had by all though, and we laughed our way round the course, everyone making some good shots, some bad ones, and some horrifying ones. My worst effort when driving went three feet in front of me. It was a good feeling to actually connect with the ball the next time.
The weather has continued with its drudgery, though it did manage to clear this morning. Well, clear enough for me to walk to the supermarket unimpeded by the rain. The wind was another matter. So I've been contained inside mostly. As have flatmates and their significant others. It's an interesting sensation to wake up early on the weekend to what you think is someone knocking on your bedroom door, only to realise that it's actually the frame shaking due to the intense rhythm from upstairs. Imagination no longer required, nor desired.
But to leave you all on a happier note, I give you the distinctly Wellington music stylings of Fly My Pretties in anticipation of Summer and finer weather.
1 comment:
When I was back and working in the public accounting sector, the males of the office would inevitably run off and go golfing. Females were rarely if ever invited. And yet, business transactions and deals were made during these impromptu or otherwise planned golf sessions. Where does that leave women of the world? Maybe I should have been more forward.
Post a Comment