Thursday, October 18, 2007

Clarity

It sometimes scares me how there are moments in my life when I feel like there is absolute clarity. It doesn't bother me that the moments are few and far between, nor that I can't explain them. But that everytime there is one of these moments, my life changes for the better.

It all started a little while back with my workload drying up bit by bit. Don't get me wrong, there'd be days when I'd be up to my neck in work, but the vast majority of late has been scrounging round for things to do. This included researching and writing various articles, which will be published shortly.

Then last night I had a seminar on Work/Life Balance. It was quite astounding really. Nothing new, but hearing it all together has put some things into perspective: it's all about passion and doing what you love. If you're not loving what you do, you find it. Finding that and finding the passion will help things flow better and the balance will come.

And the catalyst - My results for the Patent Attorney Exams came back. I was sitting three out of the necessary six exams. They weren't kidding when they said they were hard. I failed all, hitting 48%. Close, but not close enough. Quite gut wrenching upon reading the results, the thoughts of the numerous hours spent studying, spurning the various social gatherings offered, and just the effort and stress put in just weren't enough.

So I'm sitting in my office distraught, when it all clicks. There was this brilliant moment of clarity, where I realised my career is not going in the direction I want, and I have the opportunity to really take control and bring it back onto the path I want. And that's what I've been building on today.

I can't describe the clarity that came. But I'm holding onto it, working on what I can, and moving towards the others. Brilliant.

In the meantime, I leave you with these two gems, capturing today for me:
Enjoy.

No comments: