Wednesday, June 13, 2007

iProphet

I've always held the offbeat belief that my iPod is intuitive. Not in a user friendly, scroll to the song you want manner. No, my iPod has divine powers, and it proved it again today.

I had been listening to my iPod as I was preparing for a meeting, and low and behold the song "My Stupid Mouth" by John Mayer starts playing, and its during mid-song that I have to stop it and be on my merry way. An ominous sign if ever there was one.

Low and behold at the meeting, I manage to shoot my mouth off, firing questions left right and center that were rather long winded, complicated, and tended to cause some tension, anxiety, and confusion. I clearly understood what I was talking about, yet no one else seemed to be able to grasp my concerns. I felt foolish by the end of the session. More so considering the closing request for more questions aimed, and spoken directly to me. Fun.

I have to admit, I'm less down about my questions getting me into a spot of bother (anyone who's ever sat in a lecture, meeting, or other such gathering with me knows I tend to steam down the track of convuluted questions rather quickly if not absent mindedly), and I'm more upbeat about the fact my iPod can produce songs into which I'm able to read almost anything regarding my current situation.

It's almost like astrology. I suggest you try it, and I guarantee that if you make yourself aware of it, then your iPod on shuffle will seem prophetic. There's a sense of reassurance there. Albeit a self constructed, but nonetheless amusing, one.

Speaking of iPods, I have been caught in fits of laughter after stumbling through The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs. It is by far, one of the best satirical websites I have encountered in a long time. Simply reading the initial posts regarding Bono, Richard Branson, and the loss of Steve Job's iPod is worth it alone.

But if you're not to fussed on satire, simply check out Cyanide and Happiness and their endless archive.

No comments: