The show did exactly what it set out to do. I felt connected to the pieces, with a number of dances making me feel intense jealousy, distress, exuberance, and compassion. I can't quite explain it. I had a brilliant night, and I'll be attempting to head to more shows from Te Whaea.
A huge thanks to my flatmate, whom without I never would have even known this was going on or taken the time to watch it.
Another surprise was that a piece used on the show was one I had heard not last week while listening to Concert FM. That alone was a rare occurence, which is becoming more frequent, but to hear the same piece used in an unrelated show a week later is just bizarre. It tickled my interest, and I'm going to see if I can track a recording of it down - John Psathas' View From Olympus.
2 comments:
I've studied his music, if you like his work he does a lot transforming everyday sounds into music, particularly using the piano.
We've managed to acquire tickets to Spamalot and hopefully Les Miserables upcoming shortly. I'm looking forward to both although I've seen LM a few times already. The more indepedent shows are always more fun though. I remember seeing a strangely psychadelic theatrical version of Alice in Wonderland, complete with black lights and Cadillacs. It will always stay with me.
Post a Comment