Saturday, April 07, 2007

Vienna is my Hometown

So my trip in Vienna has come to an end. The holiday courtesy of Bucerius is almost at a close, with only some very long flights left.

Vienna was absolutely stunning, even better than I remember. It might have something to do with the brilliant weather we had. Or it might be because I wasn't nearly as distracted by the competition this year. Good fun. I have photos, but sitting in an airport is probably not the best time to whip out all my technological goodies to bare to the world.

The news for the team is that they made the quarter-finals only to get beaten by the winning team - Frieburg. They also got an honourable mention for the Claimant memo, a first for the university. And both Dan and Tom got honourable mentions for best oralists. Damn, what a haul this year. They just had to go and out-do Kat and myself.

As Petra pointed out, everything is different when you're taking it all in from another perspective. Not knowing half the people on the dancefloor or in the bar feels weird. There's also a different kind of feel, and I can't really explain it. But it was great to be back. Fantastic even. I might do it again.

The only question is in what capacity and for whom. I've been asked by three different teams if I'd consider helping them out by coaching. One of which is Wellington, another Bucerius, and the other was Freiburg, though it was offered at a drunken moment. Looks like my skills are a very desirable commodity. But I do think it'll be Wellington if anyone - I like the people, and there's a chance to get more involved than I was with Bucerius. Plus, it's my home University and I'd love to represent them in a different role.

And come on, how good does coaching a wickedly successful team at the Vis Moot look on a CV. That's something I'm going to need to consider over the next whee while in any event. Building up skill sets whereever I can. Patent Attorney exams, Profs, Coaching, and anything else. I'm going to have to work hard at selling myself in the near future, or at least that's the plan.

Well, time to find something else to distract me until my flight in an hour.

No comments: