Saturday, December 06, 2008

It pays to check

I had a couple of posts I had drafted during my wanderings about town that I was going to revisit and add bits and pieces to.  Tis the joy of mobile gadgetry to accomplish such things.

One was a reference to the summer days upon us, complete with links to some complimentary tunes.  All very happy go lucky, and probably quite interesting.  Who knows, maybe I'll post something in a similar form later.

The other post was completely different.  It was going to open up by saying that I had witnessed two people at work break down into tears and shudder with the load of work upon them.  Most people at work this week were near that brink.  It wasn't a pretty week at work.

But I really feel like time has moved on from those posts.  It's like I can't go back and edit them, rewrite them, revisit them.  They are rushed snapshots of that time, darkened at the edges with out of focus details.  It doesn't feel right to show them, and it doesn't feel any better to redo them.  Which is intriguing unto itself.

So instead I write about the snapshot that is now.  I went to a friend's work Christmas function last night.  The theme was Rio-Carnival or Mardi-Gras.  So I went along dressed in a fluffy peach shirt, black and gold vest, tight black pants completed with calf length leather boots.  I thought, and was assured by my friend, that it would be on the lower end of the spectrum for the night.

How wrong I was.  Everyone else showed up in suits with cheesy masks.

But apparently I looked good.  I had the girls from my law firm, upon seeing me before I left, all wolf whistling.  One even commented through her stunned look that I had "an unexpectedly amazing physique".  I was thrown a bit by her frankness.  Though there's nothing wrong in being the office eye candy.

But the best was yet to come.  The CEO of my friend's work approached my friend and told him that I looked very attractive.  He wanted to know if I was single.  Still, it's a compliment.

I may post photos if I can get my hands on some.  And only after I've vetted them for appropriateness. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've read a few of your posts at random and just wondering if the closet you are in is locked from the inside because you clearly need to come out!
It's obvious why dates and your love life never work out,It's cock you crave, you've obviously got sausage on the mind from the beginning of this blog "German Sausage"? just come out,that CEO of your mates is keen! people of your sexuality aren't burnt at the stake these days...

Mike said...

I hope this is one of my friends pulling my leg.

If it's not, then Anonymous I thank you for your brutal and honest opinion.