Sunday, December 28, 2008

There's Always One

I'm a little concerned. Oh, Christmas was great and being down in Wellington is fantastic. That's not my concern.

My concern is that despite all my efforts to ensure that this blog was kept amongst friends, all steps to ensure it was as far removed from the public domain as possible, it ultimately failed. How do I know with certainty? I have a nifty little tool which allows me to review statistics for visitors to the blog.

Anyways, to cut a story shorter, a link was posted in the forums of a New Zealand site. I uncovered the details of the original poster - the joys of ignorance and publicly available data (By the way if you read this, I would seriously recommend reviewing your thoughts of privacy and behaviour online). I still don't quite know how he found this site. Well, that is other than saying his flatmate showed him this.

So, moral of the story. Some things have been removed, somethings have been edited. The question is whether this continues. I guess I'll think about that over the New Year break.

No comments: