Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Relishing My Geekdom

This last weekend gone by I was in Martinborough with some law friends, actually the Vis Moot team I'm coaching for next year, and we had an awesome time just chilling and generally being law geeks.


I ended up having a long and intense discussion about the nature of Intellectual Property, and the problems with copyright. It was very refreshing having people with different ideas than my own, and that we were more than happy to share and discuss all of this. We also had discussions on a number of other things such as law students and the growing conservative numbers, opposed to the liberals we normally foster at Vic. All in all, it was a great time, relishing my inner geek.

It got me thinking some more on the possibility of doing a Masters. No idea what it would necessarily be in, as it was pointed out to me over the weekend that although I'm working in IP, my expertise seems to be International Sales Contracts, Conflicts of Law, Arbitration, Bill of Rights, and Human Rights. God knows how that all fits together. But there's a possibility of something coming out of that.

But all intellectual discussion aside, we did go to Palliser Bay and see the seal colonies, as well as heading to Waiohine Gorge. It was amazing fun. And most refreshing and relaxing.


1 comment:

PVM said...

Beautiful landscape. Makes me jealous ;).