Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mr Brightside

So it has been a momentous week. My friends ended up showing me one of the best weekends ever last weekend. I haven't laughed so hard and for so long in a while. It felt good.

The distractions and festivities continued throughout the week, with work, hockey, dinners, drinks, meetings, swimming, netball, more drinks, more dinners, more meetings, and more good times with friends. I have not managed to squeeze so much into a week as this one gone by. It's quite surreal to look back and realise that yes, it really was only one week. There's alot to be said for good time management.

And, as promised here's a photo of the finished, and trimmed, moustache for Movember. Thankfully it ended up looking more like something a pimp would wear than the dodgy handlebars my brother ended up with. Huge thanks to Pam, Jamie, and Kathy for contributing. The rest who promised but never delivered shall not be named so their guilt can forever be used for my evil purposes. You know who you are. It does feel good to have it gone though.

There's not really much more to say about the past week's events, I can't remember half the stuff that happened, but I remember that it was a blast. I remember there being a lot of sunshine, and a variety of friends showing the most massive amount of support. It really is wonderful at these times to realise that I have made good impressions on a number of people, and that they are willing to drop anything for me when the roles reverse and I need them.

So I came to realise that, yes, nice guys do finish last. But that's simply because we don't care about the race.

1 comment:

infohaas said...

Movember - what an awesome idea ...

Well, when I met Laura last week she had a look at my face and just had one word for it - Movember and we both had to laugh.

What are you doing with your moustache? Do you keep on wearing it? Or is it part of the Movember movement shave it off?

Have a good time in Welly

Andi