So some things haven't necessarily gone my way, but I shouldn't complain all that hard, as most clouds tend to have a silver lining. I'm either becoming or being treated as an overpaid under utilised personal assistant at work, I can't quite tell which it is though. The upside is that I've got plenty of time to work on profs, read and write more articles, and generally organise people at the office. My role description seems to have changed to some sort of human resources-marketing hybrid, with a splash of word processor and entertainer. It's nice to be wanted in some capacity I guess.
Doesn't help that I've been asked to consider a relocation to Auckland. It certainly has some aspects going for it, the least of which is guaranteed work. The downside being what that work entails and the difference between what I'm told will be happening, what's expected of me, and what is most likely to happen. The bright side to this one is that I now know people at work are willing to be brutally honest and frank in giving their professional and personal opinion of others. Whether they would hold such criticisms for me, I'm not entirely certain.
As for what this week holds, of that I am unclear. There's various things I'd like to happen, but the majority of which are well beyond my control. The best I can fathom is a bothersome phonecall, but irritation does not bode well for any of those prospects.
What I have managed to accomplish this week, is to stumble across a fascinating t-shirt retailer online. They specialise in t-shirts branded with fake company logos from movies - like the Tyrell Corporation from Blade Runner or Skynet from The Terminator. I think it's a nifty idea, if only the prices were a little lower, and not in pounds.
7 comments:
Hi there, wasn't sure how to best contact you so I'm using the comments :)
We have just started an exciting project: setting up a new Kiwi blog directory, called Kiwiology.
The aim of Kiwiology is to collect and promote New Zealand blogs, blogs by Kiwis, about Kiwis and about New Zealand.
Why? Because Kiwis are awesome!
We are really excited to have your blog as part of Kiwiology, and if you visit the site you will find your blog already listed.
Hopefully though, you might have 2 minutes to check:
1. That you like your listing and it reflects the content of your blog in a way that you are happy with,
2. That your blog URL and feed URLs are current,
3. That we have listed your blog in an appropriate category.
We'd love to get the low down on what you think about Kiwiology and look forward to your suggestions.
Drop us a line if you'd like to make changes to the way your blog is listed!
Cheers,
Corinne Davies
Kiwiology - the New Zealand Blogosphere
www.kiwiology.com
mail@kiwiology.com
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/
Pot. Kettle. Black. That's a little passive aggressive if you're trying to make a point.
Otherwise, it's an interesting read.
Still curious as to who it is leaving little links for me to read. I appreciate them.
Hey Mike,
where's that outdoor pool? In Thorndon?
Greetings from Hamburg
Andi
It is indeed Thorndon Pool. My local haunt, and I can be seen there most weekends.
To think, I worked there for seven seasons and started moaning about it, and now I'm back there whenever I can get the chance.
It's like the Godfather or something.
Ooo I do like the shirt website that you posted, may have to get something for Tom from it for xmas :). The pool looks divine ^_^.
Hi Mike,
what's up in good old Welly?
Have you met Prof. Hilf yet? He's at Vic giving lectures about WTO at the moment.
If you meet him, don't forget to greet him - hope he enjoys NZ.
Good night to Welly
Andreas
Post a Comment