Thursday, November 08, 2007

Art, Politics, and Facial Hair

In line with interesting tidbits I've provided previously, I present Little People, A Tiny Street Art Project. Personally, one of my favourites is the immensely detailed Nuart Show:

It amazes me: the imagination, and skill, of some folk.

On a completely different note, people have asked two points about my previous post:
Yes it was Guy Fawkes, those are my photos of the fireworks; and Movember is a good cause worth supporting.

Movember is a movement in New Zealand aimed at increasing awareness for Men's health problems, such as prostate cancer. The idea is to grow a moustache: starting clean shaven at the first of the month, attempting to grow the best moustache one can in an effort to raise money. The operative words of that sentence are: "raise money" in that I need people to sponsor me, so pretty please fill in the sponsorship forms here.

The word "attempt" should not be overlooked either, in the sense: "I am attempting to grow my first moustache". Most are aware that I much prefer being clean-shorn and the longest I've gone without shaving has been one week, mostly because you can't notice my stubble until a week is up. This is a true test of my grit, and facial prowess. So it's for a good cause, and if you're in NZ, anything over $5 is tax deductable.

On another note, it's social indoor netball season again. Awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.boingboing.net

PVM said...

And the donation is made. Enjoy and hopefully your facial hair isn't being entirely unruly.

PVM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.