So this weekend nor this the travel plans for this week really worked out. We didn't go to Köln, nor did we book flights to Rome. I'll start at the beginning, then you can really hate me some more.
So Friday involved the Commencement Ceremony for Bucerius Law School. Sounds fun. Then we found out that sitting in a very hot Hall wearing a suit, all the while listening to people drone on in German that we couldn't understand for two hours was not our idea of fun. The celebratory drinks at the School though afterwards was. Bucerius provided free drinks and food from 2 pm at the conclusion of the Ceremony. Bad mistake. There were about 5 of us imbibing in the free white wine. Needless to say that at about 5 pm when Elaine and I decided it might be a good idea to stop, we had lost count of the bottles we had gone through. The upside was that it was free. But the reason I tell you this is because it stopped us from booking flights to Rome, and was part of our downfall for not getting to Köln for the weekend. That and the huge blisters Elaine got from her heels. So we decided to rest up.
That meant the weekend was more laid back than it otherwise would have been. It started well with a trip to the Elbtunnel and a walk through to the otherside of the harbour to see Hamburg from that perspective. It was pretty sweet. This then lead to a small excursion to the Botannical Gardens in Klein Flottbeck again. This time there was even more colour.



Then there was dinner at Kara's flat with six others. It was a really good time. The scary thing was that her flatmate, Wilm, looks almost exactly like Jamie, along with the long curly hair, the love of guitars, and the mannerisms. It scared me.
So Sunday rolls around, and this is when you will really start to hate me. We find out that to go to Rome now would cost alot. I mean alot. We missed the cheap flights and we'd have to get to Frankfurt mid-week, which is not a cheap thing to do. So instead we looked at the last minute holiday deals. And guess what we found:
Barcelona. That's right folks, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for Barcelona. I'll be there 6 days. Best part was the cost. Flights, Hotel with breakfast and dinner included all for €470. It might sound expensive at first, but factor in the cost of flights, then it's dirt cheap. I'm happy to pay that much and be in Spain for 6 days with the sun and beaches.
It may not be Rome, but it's Barcelona.
2 comments:
That's not entirely true. Nor can be used on its on, and the sense used in the first paragraph it is grammatically correct. "Nor" indicates a negative alternative, opposed to "or" which indicates a positive alternative.
Your suggestion would also lead to the conclusion that "or" could not be used without "either", which is a false presumption.
That said, there is always poetic license.
Barcelona!! Here and I thought I'd get to have grand adventures with you :P...
Post a Comment