Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Facade of Freedom

With my last exam this morning I feel free. At least more free than the others who still have exams till the end of the week. I suppose this leaves me more time to work on the Vis Moot.

In brief, the exam this morning was entertaining. I say that because the first question contained a very complicated fact problem requiring a resolution of no less than eight different tortious actions, six parties, four heads of damages, and an explanation of the underlying principles of tort law along the way. Thank god the exam required only two out of eight questions to be answered. The gambling members of the auidence would have put good money on me not answering that question. Collect.

As for life in general, the weather here is superb. Clear skies, crisp air, and a warming sun. Perfect Autumn weather (whoops I should use 'Fall', otherwise I'd not be understood by the others here). It's looking good for the excursion to Berlin and Dresden next week.

There's no real news, I just felt like writing. Currently sitting here in the library killing time until the class I have to help take for the Vis Moot. You see, Jim's organised a class around it. Students have the option of taking the class and not doing the moot, the idea being that we have one big think tank. So far there's more leading than discussion and getting ideas out. Things should change this afternoon, we're making them think and present some arguments for a snippet of an issue. Should be good fun.

Then there's the meeting tonight. I don't know what to expect. Apart from a late dinner.

For the link of the day, I'm going to send you to Pandora - where I get my music fix. You start off by selecting an artist or a song you like, then it builds a stream of music based on that and the responses you give to the music it plays. You can have up to 100 "channels", so play around with it. I find it great. Only warnings are that because it's a live stream it can chew into any internet-thingy-limits you have; and that it may cause you to want to purchase multiple CDs. Free internet at Law School never looked so good.

2 comments:

PVM said...

Huzzah for exams being over. Glad you feel like you did well... here's hoping you're right. I hope Elaine did as well as you. There'd better be pictures of Dresden and Berlin :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Pandora link! I am really enjoying it.