Sunday, November 02, 2008

What I Should be Doing

I should state that what is found within these pages isn't necessarily a true reflection.  It's a reflection, or more precisely a snapshot, of the moment at which I find time.

Sometimes I make the time because I need to unload.  Because I need to share thoughts that have been nagging me.  Thoughts that I need to tease out and see in front of me.  It helps with their digestion.  Much like the previous post.

It's days like today that I really should write about.  The days where I sleep in til late because I had an brilliantly entertaining night before hand.  The days where I wake up, bathe in the sunlight, and meander into town to do the simple mundane tasks I don't have time to really do during the week.  Like book shopping.

I should write about the strolls through suburban Auckland, the solitary figure against the sea of cars.  No one really walks anywhere in Auckland.  It's appalling.  Anyway, I should write about coming home with that sun kissed feel, that smell of sunshine and summer just wafting off my cotton shirt.  I should write about the fact the sun makes my curly hair into ringlets.  Hell, I should have photos of it.

But, I don't.  And that's probably the best thing.  The fact I don't write about those things means that I'm out enjoying them.  It means I have the time to relish them, to find myself busy with life.  I will endeavour though to share more of it.

In the interim, I leave you with Beethoven.  Specifically the first movement of the Emperor's Concerto - piano concerto 5 in E Flat, opus 73.  This always makes me smile, always lifts my spirits.  Enjoy.

No comments: