Sunday, July 27, 2008

New goodies


I now have my filthy hands on my fresh MacBook.  After a day of tinkering, I now also have my music and photos on here again.  I should move over my personal data shortly, but I've found a couple of distractions.

Firstly, and probably to sound more educated than I might be, Apple has introduced a fascinating new section in iTunes - iTunesU.  In short, it's a collection of podcasts from universities all over the world on a variety of lectures.  Currently I'm listening to Lord Justice Woolf of Barne's lecture held in Yale about overcoming the obstacles with litigation, and removing some inherent faults in civil proceedings.

It might sound a little dry to some, but its rather interesting to law geeks of my profoundness.  If that's not your thin
g, I'd recommend sussing out some other bites there.  The Dalai Lama has a lecture under the Stanford section.

Of course, there's things in the more pop persuasion.  And if that tickles your fancy I highly recommend the following:

I know I've gone into that before, and damn straight.  The man is musically minded.  I for one am glad he's gone down the path of Blues rather than more of his Pop.  Just look at Continuum versus Room For Squares.

And to add some much missed colour to this webpage.

I also recommend delving into Watchmen.  It's been brought to the fore thanks to Zack Synder's cinematic adaptation.  I wonder how it will work.  You should read the graphic novel.  Don't let that put you off by the way, it is rated amongst Time's Top 100 Novels.  That's right.  Novels.

Now, go, listen, watch, read, and enlighten yourself.

No comments: