Mistakes have been made. This is post number 200. And thankfully this time it is an illustrious post.
For those who are equally enthralled by the vitally important networking tool Facebook will have already stumbled across the rather cryptic but catchy status "Michael's curse of delayed flights is outweighed by his good fortune". Why is that cryptic, catchy and, most importantly, the opening gambit of this post?
Over the last 12 months it has come to my attention that I have a curse, in that every flight I catch is affected by some delay, be it 10 minutes or having to catch another one entirely. That's right. Don't fly with me.
However, my good fortune is strong, and over the last week it has simply provided absolute pleasure. It might not be good fortune, it could be timing, it could be a number of factors, nonetheless there's something invaluable happening, and fortune sums it up nicely. Things have seemingly gone my way, and it's nice for a change.
There's also last Friday. A number of unforeseeable events and crossed paths saw me having one of the most fantastic nights I've had in a long long time. It involved an awesome dinner with great friends, followed by cocktails, roasting marshmallows on an open fire, playing the piano quietly in a noisy bar, and topped off by dancing in what I can only describe as free interpretation of how one should dance in a jazz bar.
I feel alive at the moment, and it's often I end up grinning as I slip into sleep with the memory of Friday, often with the immemorable Billie Holiday ringing in my ears.
For those who are equally enthralled by the vitally important networking tool Facebook will have already stumbled across the rather cryptic but catchy status "Michael's curse of delayed flights is outweighed by his good fortune". Why is that cryptic, catchy and, most importantly, the opening gambit of this post?
Over the last 12 months it has come to my attention that I have a curse, in that every flight I catch is affected by some delay, be it 10 minutes or having to catch another one entirely. That's right. Don't fly with me.
However, my good fortune is strong, and over the last week it has simply provided absolute pleasure. It might not be good fortune, it could be timing, it could be a number of factors, nonetheless there's something invaluable happening, and fortune sums it up nicely. Things have seemingly gone my way, and it's nice for a change.
There's also last Friday. A number of unforeseeable events and crossed paths saw me having one of the most fantastic nights I've had in a long long time. It involved an awesome dinner with great friends, followed by cocktails, roasting marshmallows on an open fire, playing the piano quietly in a noisy bar, and topped off by dancing in what I can only describe as free interpretation of how one should dance in a jazz bar.
I feel alive at the moment, and it's often I end up grinning as I slip into sleep with the memory of Friday, often with the immemorable Billie Holiday ringing in my ears.
2 comments:
You realize that when the day comes that I make it out there you will absolutely have to show me all these stellar places you talk about ;)
So you've been back home in Wellington - it's good to see you enjoy your life in WELLINGTON.
Miss NZ and wanna be back asap.
Cheers
Andi
Post a Comment